Wednesday 11 May 2011

Recognition

Some might say our timing was bad - having lived through UK Mothers' Day, we managed to be in the US for US Mothers' Day as well. And at the Mass we went to, the priest invited all mothers to stand up before the final blessing so that he could give them a special blessing.

There was a couple sitting directly in front of us, on their own - probably about our age. I noticed that when the mothers were invited to stand up, she remained sitting. And I also noticed that her husband patted her thigh a couple of times and then held her hand tightly during the blessing.

Funny, the way you come across infertility so often once you know it's there...

1 comment:

  1. I tell my husband I have a unique ability to spot another IF from a mile awhile.
    I have been wondering how you are.... thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete