Thursday 9 December 2010

The curse of the Android

For the last 24 hours, Facebook has been full of posts from one of my friends, regularly updating the world from her phone on the progress of her labour. Of course, each post is followed by several thousand comments about what a special time this is, how wonderful she is, and how excited everyone is.

This morning, there's a birth announcement with a photo of the baby which must have been taken within minutes of the birth.

It's her third child, and her second since we started TTC.

I'm happy for her, but can I admit to wishing that it wasn't all quite so in my face?

3 comments:

  1. I agree. I think its the in your face part thats hardest. Its everywhere. If I were you i'd take a FB holiday (something I am trying to do) or at the very least just hide any status updates from her.

    And I have to say, that regardless of whether I was fertile or infertile I can't say I'd be posting FB updates mid labour. Seems a little unneccessary doesn't it? Obviously I don't want to say bad things about someone who is dear to you but it does scream slightly of desparation to be acknowledged.

    But that is probably just the jealous, cynic, infertile speaking in me.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog for a while and I just wanted to say please stick in there. You are a strong lady and admirable in how you handle everything. Take care x x

    p.s. dont go on Facebook as its a total waste of time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I am getting really worried about you now!! I left a message on your phone yesterday, but I know you have been out and about in the snow... Thinking of you so much, would love to get a chance to speak to you before we go away for Christmas. Sending BIG BIG hugs XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete