Saturday 4 September 2010

Forty-one

Today is my birthday, and I'll be spending it with my parents, sister, BIL and nieces. The weather forecast promises sunshine, and we're going to have a barbecue and enjoy one of those beautiful late summer days which always feel like a bit of a bonus.

DH has got me a fantastic present - I know, because he sent me out to buy it myself on Thursday, but I'm still not going to tell you about it until tomorrow (or maybe Monday, since my parents are here for the whole weekend).

It's going to be a great day, but not perfect - because there's someone missing from the party. If IVF #1 had worked, we would have a three-month-old baby - or possibly twins - here. If IVF #2 had worked, I would have a newborn. And if IVF #3 had worked, I would be exchanging notes with my pregnant SIL, who we are also hoping to see this weekend.

I'm not even going to think about the fact that I'm now 41. That is no cause for celebration at all. But being able to spend a bright, sunny weekend with people I love - that is.

3 comments:

  1. Sending you so much love today honey - I wish I was there to braai with you in the sunshine. XXXXXXXXXXX and *BIG BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday hugs from me. It is sad that milestones like this become heavy from IF. I hope you have a lovely day all the same, you deserve it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy birthday! I agree with egghunt that it is sad that IF must cast some blemish on celebrations like this, but I truly hope you are able to enjoy your day and celebrate with the ones you love.

    (Dying to hear about your birthday present, too!!)

    *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete