Tuesday 29 June 2010

I think you might be right...

Myndi mentioned in her comment on my last post that her oestradiol had been elevated on one cycle because of a cyst. I've been thinking about that and looking back at what happened in my previous cycles, and I think she may be onto something.

The doctor who scanned me didn't mention the word 'cyst'. But on each ovary, the thing that was there was 14mm - and surely that's too big for a normal follicle on day 2. The cyst that I had in September was 17mm, and on IVF#1, after five days of stimming at a very high dose, my biggest follicles were 14mm and Nurse Perfect was saying I was almost ready to trigger.

So I'm pretty sure that I have at least one cyst, and probably two. And since these cysts are caused by a failure in ovulation, perhaps that explains why I had no ovulation pain last cycle, as I usually do.

If that's the explanation for my high oestradiol, then I'm fairly comfortable that it ought to come back down in the next one or two cycles - and if I can just keep my FSH down as well, then we should be going ahead soon. So I'm now thinking cyst-deflating thoughts, just in case...

3 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking cyst deflating thoughts right along with you! The good news is, if that's the case, it will pass just as you said. Any chance of the doc giving you something to help them along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that explains things!!! Would be really nice if they'd do a scan on you so you'd know for sure though, but regardless of that I too will be humming cyst deflating tunes to do my bit to get the estrogen levels down to where they should be. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really sorry you couldn't proceed with this cycle, but you're right, it's better to wait til the doctor feels you have the potential to be part of the 40% success rate! I'm glad though that the issue with your estradiol is most likely from leftover cysts. It explains a lot.

    Praying for beautiful FSH and estradiol #s next month.

    ReplyDelete