Thursday 28 January 2010

More about work

I normally take the attitude with work that the bits I love about my job are the things that persuade me to get out of bed in the morning, while the bits I hate are the things that I'm being paid for.

Let's just say that over the last couple of months, I've been doing an awful lot of the stuff I'm being paid for. And if I have to have too many more dealings with one particular person, who is the type of person who takes credit for stuff that you've done while failing to do his own job and trying to shift the blame onto you, then I'm going to need a significant pay rise.

On the plus side, today is one of the days I get out of bed for - I'm running a revision class and have spent quite a lot of time creating a board game which I hope will make them learn while having fun. I showed the game to my boss and he thinks it's pretty cool and wants to use it himself, so I get brownie points all round.

Today is the guinea pig day, where I ascertain whether I've got enough questions for a full round of the game to be played and how long it takes to get round the board (I need it to last for at least a couple of hours).

Wish me luck...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!

    Sorry about the credit-stealing co-worker. That is extremely annoying!

    ReplyDelete