Tuesday 31 August 2010

Back to reality

We had a wonderful few days with my parents. Since I'm now unemployed, I was able to go up a couple of days earlier, and DH joined us when he finished work on Friday. Then yesterday was a bank holiday, so we had a really good break.

My parents have several friends who are on various weird and wonderful diets. They are all quite happy to visit my parents for a few days at a time, but all expect their latest foibles to be accommodated - one won't eat wheat (no, she's not allergic), another won't have anything that's made with milk (also not allergic), another is on the Atkins diet, still another won't eat anything at all before noon.

DH and I wouldn't dream of putting our hosts to that much trouble, even when they're family, so we've had a few days of no wheatgrass, no brazil nuts and just eating whatever was on offer. It was so relaxing - we even went to the pub a couple of times and had a drink.

Now that we're home, we're back to our fertility foods, but with a more relaxed attitude. I'm taking my full dose of DHEA (and continued with that while we were away), but I really can't believe that one shot of wheatgrass more or less, or one pint of beer with my father, can turn my eggs from superova to it's-all-ova.

And in other news, today is my lovely SIL's birthday - happy birthday, Jeannie!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back. Glad you had a nice time away. How amusing to have to contend with all the differing diets!!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete